Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Just Run...

This pretty much describes what I think about running. If you over think running (which I've done countless times) you're not going to make the first step out the door. You'll start coming up with excuses: "It's really cold outside. I could get sick", " I can't go alone. I would be too lonely. I'll ask my friend tomorrow", or "I just don't feel like it today". The last one is the one I use the most. :)
Even though I make excuses a lot, on the times I do go out and run I feel great (afterwards, duh).



 I have the voice. The voice that says I'm tired whenever I think about running. I need to stop listening to it and you do too. Get out and run. Running will make you forget about all your troubles and problems. All you think about is putting one foot in front of the other. That's the beauty of running: You can just forget everything in your life for an hour (or however long you run). No more English test that you need to cram for or volleyball practice that you're too injured to go too. All your worries out the window, just like that. Now, quit reading this and go run.

- A Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment